For every 10,000 people in Toronto, 30 are homeless. More than 10,000 people in this city experiencing homelessness. Most shelter residents are between the ages of 25 to 49. 62 percent are males and approximately 31 percent are females.
Things we can do:
• Basic needs donations (food, water, clothing, hygiene products)
• Volunteer at homeless shelters
• Participate in Point-in-Time counts in your city or town
• Organize fundraisers
• Support candidates that care for the homeless population
• Be nice to homeless people